Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Living With Books

Here's a really cool site called Kimbooktu. This bookloving blogger finds all these amazing objects that have been designed or inspired by books. Book jewelry, lamps, fascinating shelving options, books about books etc. Some of it is fairly kitschy, some of it entirely amazing (usually the expensive stuff). I have to admit to being a bit of a sucker for some of this stuff. I do have Virginia Woolf, Charlotte Bronte and Thomas Hardy plates, numerous author tea towels and mugs, and last Christmas, my colleague gave me a very funny Kleenex box cover in the form of Shakespeares's face (the tissues come out of his nose).
Kimbooktue is also on the hunt for the best bookstores in the world - it was from her blog that I first saw photos of this incredible theatre in Buenos Aires that was converted into a bookstore. You can see a photo of it here and here (scroll down a bit to see the photos).

No comments: