Thursday, June 21, 2007

And yet another award...


Meg Rosoff has just won the Carnegie Award for children's writing for her latest novel Just in Case. This prestigious award is chosen by a panel of U.K. librarians. You can read more about the prize here. I haven't yet read Just in Case, but I absolutely loved Rosoff's first novel, How I Live Now for its originality, its complicated human relationships and the ending (which of course I won't give away). Though it was originally published as a YA novel, it's one of those crossover books that totally appeals to an adult audience. But my recommendation comes with a dire warning - once you've read it, you'll go into a bit of a reading funk, trying to find a follow-up that even comes close to being as satisfying. We'll be publishing Rosoff's new novel, What I Was next February.

No comments: