Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Waiting for the DVD...

There's a reason I'm a DVD addict and it's because there are so many great independent films and documentaries that never make it to the big screens even in a big cosmopolitian city like Toronto (film festivals aside where it's often hard to get tickets). So I patiently wait and hope that eventually they'll come out on DVD. Here are two very interesting documentaries that I would love to see. The Hollywood Librarian: A Look at Librarians Through Film will be screened at libraries around the U.S. during their Banned Books week at the end of September. Let's hope it makes it over the border. And I missed Helvetica at the Toronto Hot Docs festival but it will be out on DVD this fall. This is a documentary celebrating the 50th anniversary of a font! How cool is that? (I'd write this post in Helvetica but the software doesn't offer it as an option) If you live in Vancouver, you can catch it in August at this event.

No comments: