Sunday, June 28, 2009

Twitter




So I just Twittered our Blog. I am feeling very PO-MO right now.

Of all the 21 folks/groups I am following on Twitter, Drawn and Quarterly is the most interesting (as well as my cousin Sam). I took Seth around a few weeks ago and it was delightful. I love showing people around Toronto (even though he had lived here for many years).

I am always highly impressed with authors (and illustrators) like him who are able to take themselves away from what is essentially a very solitary occupation, and talk very articulately about what they are doing. It really must be quite difficult. Interestingly, he told me in the comics world, cartoonists are not edited as they are in other forms of publishing. Suffice to say I was amazed. If I was a writer, I am pretty sure every word I wrote would be heavily edited. Ah, well, I suppose I will just stick to talking about books and not writing any. John Irving is safe ;)

No comments: