Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Orange Prize Shortlist. . .


And then there were six. The Orange Prize shortlist was announced today. I think it's going to to go to Hilary Mantel whose Wolf Hall has been gobbling up every prize in the literary firmament (I'm determined to finally read it over the summer), but you never know with prizes. I've only read Lorrie Moore's A Gate at the Stairs, which I loved, but I'm intrigued by Monique Roffey's novel The White Woman on the Green Bicycle and Rosie Alison's novel about a young girl evacuated during the Second World War also looks like a great read.

Here are the contenders:

The Very Thought of You by Rosie Alison
The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver
Black Water Rising by Attica Locke
Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
A Gate at the Stairs by Lorrie Moore
The winner will be announced June 9th.

No comments: