Sunday, September 26, 2010

Indigo Teen Read Awards

Last night, I attended Indigo's Teen Read Awards with my daughter and my niece. I have to say, it was THE most fun award show I have ever been to. Indigo really knows how to put on a party...the food was awesome...sliders, mini mac 'n' cheese, sushi, brownie lollipops were just some of the offerings. The D.J. was playing hit after hit and the dance floor was packed. Surprise musical guest was Emily Osment (BFF of Hannah Montana) and my 7 year old had a baby heart attack. The focus of the show was the awards and it amazing to see hundreds of teens whipped into a frenzy at the mere mention of Bitten or City of Glass. My niece said it was the best night she has had in her life.

Full list of winners:
Best Read: Catching Fire
Best Villan: Prophecy of the Sisters
Best Hero: Percy Jackson
Best New Writer: Fallen: Lauren Kate
Best Lip Lock: Breaking Dawn
Best Hottie: Mortal Instruments: City of Glass
Best Series: Vampire Academy: Spirit Bound
Best Book to Flick: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Best All Time Fave: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Best Canadian Read: Darkest Powers: The Reckoning

No comments: