Sunday, September 26, 2010

New Biography of Roald Dahl. . .


I haven't yet read Storyteller: The Authorized Biography of Roald Dahl by Donald Sturrock, but browsing this weekend's book pages, I came across this review by Michael Dirda of the Washington Post. Dirda is my all-time favourite book critic, and so when he writes that Storyteller, "should be read immediately by anyone interested in Dahl, the ins and outs of modern publishing or the art of biography. I can't sing its praises enough", well, the book just shoots to the top of the pile. I can still vividly remember how my seven-year old self felt reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  I was once cast as Veruca Salt in a production my local library in Beaconsfield was staging, but alas, my family moved to Toronto before rehearsals even started.  So much for my stage career. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know about this, but I love Dahl, so I guess I HAVE to read this :)