Friday, November 12, 2010

November Inspiration. . .

One of the blogs I pop over to when I feel the need to get inspired and dream a little, is A Bloomsbury Life. It's written by Lisa Borgnes Giramonti, a blogger living in Los Angeles, and I love the photos she posts, her thoughts on creativity and work-life balance, and her love of books and all things bookish.  One of her latest posts is entitled Looking Bookish and is about being inspired by Penguin Classics to knit a scarf featuring her favourite books. She also has some great ideas for knitting sweaters inspired by Howard's End, Middlemarch and An Enchanted April.



This is the book I'm taking home over the weekend to gape at in admiration.  Knitting Block by Block by Nicky Epstein is absolutely gorgeous!  I'm not a great knitter, but I'm totally inspired to try some of these blocks in order to work on new techniques with (hopefully) a minimal wool and time commitment.  I love the idea of sewing together a bunch of different blocks to make a beautiful afghan, or scarf, or using one block and making it the center feature of a cozy pillow. Some of these blocks are so stunning, I think they'd even look terrific framed on the wall (I'd frame them without the glass to allow the textures to pop).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wonderful link to the penguin scarf. Gorgeous!